Friday, August 22, 2008

Any guesses??


What are these???

Aaron had a guess...I'm hoping Allison would know too...

I took her into the Dr...don't need another "rare" thing to creep into my family again...

Mikenna has 9 of these "spots/rashes" in varying sizes on her extremities.

What do you think?
I'll tell you in a few days what the Dr. said...

4 comments:

Tofu said...

Well, it doesn't look like the ringworms I've seen, so maybe the doctor was right on that. After looking at some pictures on the internet, h might be right about ______. Hmmm. . . I am going to look at my kids more closely and see if I see any bumps like that. That is a pretty big circle!

Allison said...

Yep, looks like flea bites to me! I've been there and I'm so sorry she's got them!

Winnie said...

I'd need to know more info like does it itch, has she been to Lyme, Connecticut recently (or any other place where Lymes disease is endemic... Washington does not count), has she been started on any new medication (Erythema multiforme), or has she been playin with any armadillos (leprosy- no joke) etc. It would also be nice to know if she has had any other symptoms like fevers.

My first thought just at looking at the pictures was Lyme disease. But this is unlikely given your location. Unlikely, but not unheard of. It does look like a tick bite, though. You made the right choice by going to the doctors. If it is Lyme disease, then she'll need antibiotics.

My guess is Lyme disease.A long shot, but definitely very interesting. But most likely it's gonna be some viral thing or allergic reaction.

Google lyme disease and erythema multiforme and you'll find some similar target lesions to mikenna's.

My two cents. Expect a bill in the mail.

Julia said...

Ummm... why is that little lady eating a PROTEIN BAR?!?!?!??!!?!?!? "They're so expensive!"... hmmm... ;)