The girls were asked to sing a special part with the Ward Choir this year for our Christmas Sacrament program. I was a bit worried because the word's weren't phrased in a typical speaking pattern.
"Faithful shepards watching ever o're their flocks by dark of night.
Wondering, fearing, tidings hearing mid a glorious shining light.
Music ringing, Angels singing, news of joy and comfort bringing,
He is Born the Child Divine."
At least the tune was familiar...Anyhow, the girls and I worked on it...every day for a month...and then it came to a few Sunday rehearsals with the choir...(I was really worried then, because they were so quiet, and then Kassidy had a "shutdown" moment where she freaked out and refused to sing. Luckily we were able to work through it and with a few bribes she sang.)...tried it at the mike in the chapel twice...and then the Sunday came.
All the girls, Mikenna included (because she insisted that she knew the words too) went up to the mike, (Bishop turned it up, louder than we had realized it could go) and....
it was beautiful
I could hear each of my girls, singing so lovely...I even heard my little Mikenna singing over the speakers! She really did know all of the words! They did a wonderful job...
tears...
Sunday, December 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
Oh how I WISH you had recorded it!
Post a Comment