Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Cowboy Cookies...

are Michael's favorite cookies...mostly because they have everything that he likes in one cookie, namely coconut, chocolate, raisins, oatmeal...etc.

so, we are preparing for our 2nd annual trip to Camp Ensign, and Michael gets to make this favorite cookie of his with the girls...

"oh so fun"...maybe you think, only last year when he did this, he destroyed the whisks on the Bosch & permanently "etched/gouged" out the Bosch mixing bowl because he was "having so much fun making cookies with the girls." I suppose you couldn't blame him, the cookie dough gets heavy as you add the remaining ingredients, and he couldn't think clearly amidst the noise and chaos....thus he was unable to hear the horrible thumping noise created when the whisks were twisted & bent beyond recognition because of the double batch of cookie dough (you can see how full the bowl becomes...)

lesson learned: use cookie paddles (the white "whisks" you can see in the mixing bowl that we use now)...and be prepared to have much patience when making cookies with the girls.

just 2 more days.....

3 comments:

Tofu said...

YUM!! So are you going to post the recipe? :) I'm so glad he used the cookie paddles you got. :)

Taunya said...

How fun! I'm sure the girls enjoyed it!

Allison said...

I keep forgetting to check your blog! Cute pictures...Michael is brave to let them all help....I cooked mine all late at night...alone!