Thursday, September 04, 2008

Canning season has begun.....

Peaches...we have a lot of peaches...

My cousin Pauline and her husband Tom came down over Labor Day weekend to can peaches with us. We didn't make our annual camping trip to Mt. Rainier...I'm glad too, I heard it was a cold weekend....so, instead we rounded up boxes of peaches and canned...

Tom mentioned that he felt "especially Mormon" as we went through the entire process. Once we finished Saturday, all of the boys went shooting and tried out David's new motorcycle. Mike gave himself whiplash, and wrecked with James on it, Ted almost crashed into their van, and David got an ugly scrape on his shin. The others were smart enough to stay off. The other kiddos that stayed behind got to go swimming...it's so sad to think that we'll be closing the pool soon...

Anyhow...we have more peaches and the pears to do this weekend....

1 comment:

Julia said...

You should write a fictional book about your family life. It's very interesting..."normal"...and funny. I think it'd sell! :D I'll illustrate your cover.