Friday, November 07, 2008

Purple finger...



Mikenna had a bit of a mishap the other day (W)...and I'm not even sure what happened, but these are the pictures proving something did happen...She and Kassi were up at Molly's during Activity Day...she says she fell down, but I'm not quite sure how or why her finger would turn out like this. I really hope her nail doesn't fall off...that would be a bit traumatic. I asked her again tonight what happened...she tried to tell me, "I fell down like this (holds hands up-palms up) and..."then in her very sweet quiet voice, turned to Kassi and said, "Kassi, you tell mommy what happened to my finger ok?"

Can you tell that her finger nail is about 1/8" too high? That's a lot when her hands are so petite, and it's her tiniest pinky finger too!! She says it doesn't hurt unless she squeezes it (makes a fist). Molly said when it first happened, Mikenna kept shaking her hand...like she was trying to shake it off...probably the pressure...

Oh, and a quick update, she is swallowing her dinner again...guess you have to when you've been starving yourself for days! Tonight (also at dinner) she asked, "Is this how I need to swallow mommy?"...and then proceeded to deliberately swallow...

3 comments:

Winnie said...

Poor Mikenna. I think her nail might fall off, sorry.

Allison said...

Oooh, gross! I'm glad I saw it when it was looking better!

janellelee said...

love the cousin pictures! so cute! poor mikenna:(