
Really, how hard is it to swallow? Chew, chew chew...then naturally a swallow follows!! You would think it would be easy...but for some reason my little Mikenna has forgotten how to swallow her food. Candy has been no problem, but food...It began a few days ago...perhaps we can attribute it to her cold and gooey eyes...she would take a bite into her mouth, then chew...chew...nothing...a few more chews...but no swallow...it is very frustrating!! Monday, she had a play date...but I ended up changing it because she wouldn't swallow...figured, we'd give it a better try the next day...prep her with "if you don't swallow, you won't get to go"...she ended up taking a nap Mon...then Tuesday rolls around...same story...no swallow...even got into her friends door...but oh-no..."Did you swallow?"...she shrugs her shoulders..."open your mouth"...very chewed up food..."Can you swallow?"...she nods...we wait...no swallow...so, I load her back into the car and home we go...another nap...I AM SO TIRED OF THIS!! Any suggestions? It really shouldn't be so hard...right?




4 comments:
Maybe you need to ask her if swallowing hurts her tummy? Maybe she has a sore throat? But then again...she swallows candy.
Maybe her tonsils are swollen and she feels like she's choking?
I'll have to look in her mouth and check out her throat...
Daniel did the same thing. He would always take forever to swallow his food or just leaves it in his mouth. Sometimes without me knowing it, he would take a nap with food in his food and when he wakes up...still in his mouth, GROSS! Well, he has 10 cavities, two of them that were abscess. The dentist pulled the two out because it costs to much to save the baby teeth. I'll have to show you pictures. I don't know how to make them swallow food. I just end up telling him to spit it out so he doesn't get any more cavities.
Post a Comment