Sunday, June 15, 2008

Finally!!

The wind has finally blown through and hopefully will allow us a few days and maybe weeks of nice weather...I emailed a local news station about our blustery year so far...hoping there had been some way of documenting and comparing windy vs. non windier years...

"I certainly agree with you, this year has felt much windier than years past. Unfortunately there isn't an almanac kept on average winds speeds, I wish there was. They are just too random.

This year's weather, in general, has been very odd and not what we have seen in many years. For the windy coditions I blame an active weather pattern. Pacific storms have been aimed at the northwest more often than not this year. That is my explanation for why this year is windier than others. Typically we begin to see more calm and warm weather in May and June."

So, WELCOME SPRING (again) and HELLO SUMMER!!

No comments: