Yesterday, as I was going through Kaylee's piano lesson with her...I was getting a bit frustrated.
Kaylee has a tendancy to be over-dramatic...and she was going on about how a certain song was way too difficult to learn, and why do I give her such hard songs, and that she would never be able to learn it...etc. etc.
I tried to calmly explain that this is usually how she feels when I give her new songs and that she has always proven that she can learn them and enjoys playing as well as practicing them. Also that when she chooses to throw a tantrum she just creates CHAOS!!
Well, after we got the drama over, I played through the song and had her sing the words to it. Kaylee has such a beautiful voice and she has been learning this song, If the Savior Stood Besid Me, in primary. Despite our argument/discussion, I could feel the spirit so strongly as she sang. Especially when she sang the 2nd verse. It really made me think about how my words or tone would be if the Saviour were standing beside me, watching. When we finished, I gave her a big hug...my sweet Kaylee is still there...if I'm patient enough to help her shine through.
Here's a link to the composer of the song, Sally DeFord. You can read about how the song came to be written and etc. Plus print out different versions of her song too.
Tuesday, March 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment