Sunday, March 23, 2008

Morning musings....

I was laying in bed thinking about Easter and the meaning behind this holiday...and my mind wandered over to Mindy, Michael's cousin...

Now, I'm not sure of the exact details of her situation...but from what I do know, these were my thoughts...

Several months ago Mindy was told that her unborn baby had some problems caused by trisomy 13 (would know for sure until they do a DNA test) and it was highly recommended that she terminate her pregnancy. It was likely that the baby would die before he was full term (80% chance) and if he miracuously made it to delivery, would be lucky to live a few hours after birth--so Dr.s said termination would be the best. Mindy & her husband decided against that...

As the weeks past, follow-up ultrasounds continued to confirm that her little boy had a serious condition...I don't even know what it was...and then this past week Mindy went into labor and delivered her little baby boy. He only lived for an hour and half.

Now, being a mother to 4 little girls...I can only barely begin to imagine the sorrow Mindy must feel. To choose to carry her little boy as he grew inside her, knowing what the outcome would be, to go through the labor & delivery, and then to have two precious hours...not be able to bring him home....


Then I thought about our Heavenly Father's plan, how because of the sacrifice of Jesus Christ and His ressurrection, we will all live again, that someday-Mindy's little boy will run into her arms. I feel for Mindy & pray that she can endure this trial...I'm grateful we have Easter & Christmas to remind us of who we are and what our ultimate goal should be...to return back to our Heavenly Home.

No comments: