There are times when I forget that, although Mikenna is two years old, she does have feelings and a memory...it's just she is so little...
Tonight, as we were getting ready for family prayer...she was getting restless and wouldn't sit still...I was impatient, made her sit on my lap, and when she began to cry, I just put my hand over her mouth...but not her nose-she could still breathe & scream...after amens, she ran to her daddy crying..."whatever" I thought...
Then Michael put her in bed and turned on a Dora. I came in and just looked at her and said, "I don't think you should get to watch a Dora. You were naughty during prayer and we don't behave like that." Mikenna looked at me, nodded and said, in a very sad voice, "Sorry mommy." I just looked back and said, "You'd better not do that again. I'm not happy." Then she went back to watching her show.
I got ready for bed, checked on Michael to see what he was doing...then went back in to the room (a good 10 minutes later). Dora was only 1/2 over, but I turned it off and said it was time to go to sleep. Mikenna just replied back, "Will you lay by me?" So, I walked over. Then she said in a very tiny voice, "Can I give you a hug mommy?" I leaned over to hug her and then she was crying and said, "Sorry mommy." {sigh} Was I too mean? She is just two.
I just lay down beside her, we sang some songs and then she fell right asleep. She is such a sweet baby.
Wednesday, March 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
oh how sweet! she seems tender. it is so easy to forget that reese is 3, i have lost it w/him during family prayer. it seems so ironic that you punish your child during a supposed spiritual event. i have a lot to learn!
Post a Comment